Search in this site

1/13/13

How much affection should I give and how much should I play with my dog

Question: I just rescued a dog. How much affection should I give and how much should I play with it?
Answer:

If you have adopted an adult rescue dog it is recommended that you refrain from lots of play and affection until the dog gets to know you and understands her place in the pack. 


After you have had the dog for a day or more and you see the dog is well-adjusted and understands the order, during the times the dog is acting calm and submissive you can love on her all you want. You can also play with her all you want when she is submissive. It is just important that you as the human are the one who starts and ends the play. The more the dog is submissive, the more you can play with and love on her.
dog
Power by xinh xinh