Search in this site

1/12/13

Don’t Pee Where You Sleep

“Oh great, here comes Bob. I wonder what MLM he’s going to try and sell me on now?”

How many of these people do you know? Everyone knows that Bob’s going to have a different Business-of-the-Week everytime you see him. And then he’ll proceed to try and make you join that system with him. It was an impulse buy for him and now he wants to spread the news to the world. Even worse, he’s doing if first to his friends and family.

I actually went forward with something similar once, and after a month, I was still at it. Meanwhile, the person who convinced me that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, had already moved on to something else. That left a really sour feeling with me. It was as though he had made a really bad decision and was getting me to join in order to get his own money back. All of it was at my expense. It wasn’t one of my more expensive lessons, but it stuck with me.


It taught me that you should never take your friends or family for granted. They are a huge source of help and motivation throughout your entire life. Don’t jeopardize that for a quick buck.

I took the lesson to heart.

You don’t need to “sell” anything to your friends. Conversations should be a “pull” rather than a “push”.

When you’re online, you now have the ability to expand your circle of friends exponentially. The philosophy applies to them as well. Marketing should never be a numbers game. Its not a game, and people are not numbers.

I know you already know this, but like me, you probably need to be reminded every now and again.

Life throws you enough problems to deal with. You don’t want to come home and have to clean up a puddle of your own making.
dog
Power by xinh xinh